Question
Posted by: Someone | 2010/11/02

Old before my time / depressed?

Hi there Cybershrink,

I was wondering if I am getting old before my time or am I depressed? I was always quite a party girl, but these days I am very happy just watching tellie and go to bed early. I am 33 years old. I just can’ t handle the hang-over anymore.
I have a history of depression and on anti-depressants.

Thank you for your time and advise.

You sound like a really normal person who has grown up. Partying is an entirely empty but pleasant passtime for the young, but if by your 30's, if not 20's, you haven't moved on from there, then that's rather sad. So you enjoy a peaceful and happy evening without a hangover ? What's wrong with that ? This is normalcy, not depression.

6
Posted by: Someone | 2010/11/02

Thanx for the replies... feel better now that I know I am perfectly normal  -)

Reply to Someone
Posted by: Only me | 2010/11/02

Aaggghhh whatever, you know what I''m getting at  -)

Reply to Only me
Posted by: Only me | 2010/11/02

Refrase sorry!!!

You''''re absolutely so normal...lots of guys''''s dream girl.
You dont miss anything by going out "  jolling"  anyway...exept for the hangover grrrrr...

Reply to Only me
Posted by: Only me | 2010/11/02

You''re absolutely so normal...lots of guys''s dream girl.
You dont miss anything by not going out " jolling"  anyway...exept for the hangover grrrrr...

Reply to Only me
Posted by: Liza | 2010/11/02

Not going out to party is a sign of maturity - not age. If you''re happy to watch telly and go to bed early - are you really depressed? I''m 33 years old too and my idea of a enjoyable evening is reading a book and also going to bed early...

Reply to Liza