Posted by: Aubrie | 2009-03-26

OK for now but...

thanks to everyone who has posted and helped me!! i really appreciate it!! I love posting things on the computer, i love getting SUGGESTIONS from people who dont really know me or anything, i think like monday im going to go to my school counseler about this and like idk i hope they really listen to me but i cant help thinking what if they dont?? What if i go insane?? What if i have a severe " Panic Attack"  (thats what im calling them for now) What if i never gdet help?? IM GETTING MORE AND MORE like DEPPRESSED!!! its scaring me!!! i mis my old life!!! my boyfriend is startign to notice and i dont think he likes it...i dont wanna lose him!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW LIKE A JOURNAL WEBSITE ONLINE THAT I CAN GET ONTO AT SCHOOL (where they block stuff) I greatly appreciate ANY suggestion!! thanx maria and cybershrink and others

Don't waste energy panicking in advance, over things that may very well not happen. A school counsellor's JOB is to listen. You will absolutely NOT go insane --- when one gets very anxious, it feels as though this might happen, but it does not happen. If you had a more severe atack, it would be a bit more unpleasant for a while. In fact, there are limits to how severe a panio attack can get, and then it fizzles out. What if you never get help ? How would that happen ? You think you'll spend the next 30 years never bothering to seek help ? Of course not. Stop scaring yourself. You're a bit like someone who is blowing hard on some small sparks, in a way that makes them flare up, and if you left them alone they'd fade out.
Like Maria, I don't think you need an online journal, just type your thoughts in files you can keep in your own folder on your own computer --- suh thoughts are for you to think about, not for strangers to read

Posted by: Maria | 2009-03-27

Hey Aubrie

Being worried about how someone will react is for me part and parcel of my depression. When things get bad and I really need my psychologist, after seven years I still worry that he is going to think I' m just being silly. Of course he doesn' t, he takes me very seriously. And when things go well then months and months go past without me needing any help. So face the fear and see the counseller. If you have a " panic attack"  while you are with him/her, well then you will be right there with the person who are best equipped to help you. I was shaking like a leaf when I went to the psychologist the first time, had to turn down the offer of coffee as I was sure I would spill it. I was so stressed I could barely speak. And you know what? He managed to get me feeling more comfortable and less stressed, because that' s his job.

I promise you things can and will get a lot better and you can be helped. Hang in there girl.

What do you want to use the online journal for? If you just want an alternative to a paper journal, why don' t you type in a word processor and save to a memory stick.

Reply to Maria