Question
Posted by: Talita | 2009-04-03

Oily skin and hair

I am 19 year old girl, 2nd year university. When can I expect my skin to stop producing so much oil? I have to wash my hair everyday, otherwise it looks wet, it' s fraustrating to never be able to skip a day when I' m in a rush. I know everybody is different, but roughly at what age soes this clear? Yes, I do have a hormone imbalance and I am insulin resistant.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Talita,

as indeed you say each persons skin is different and some people's is more oily than another. If it continues to be a problem I would suggest you consult a dermatologist who may recommend specific treatments to reduce the amount of oil produced. It can be linked to hormonal and adolescent development but its well worth consulting a specialist whenever posssible.