Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2010-11-30

Oily face

I am 46 and never have had any skin problems but lately my face is so oily, i look like an oil ball by the end of the day. I have been using Olay for a while and I am also taking Premarin. Should I change me moisturiser and if so what is recommended.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Mickey, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay but I have been in London attending to my clinic.

There may be a number of reasons for the sudden change in the skin and your best advice would be to consult a cosmetic dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner who can examine the skin and discuss the best treatment approach:
Excessive facial washing or the aggressive use of exfoliants, scrubs or granular washes
Premarin may increase the sebum production as can other hormonal changes
The current moisturizer may too oily for your skin
Sudden increase in the pore number and size
Treatment is dependent on the cause so this is a difficult question to answer over the net