Posted by: dun | 2009-07-31

Oily but dehyrated skin

Dear Dr
can you please assist me with e skin regime that would help me
I would like to try the environ products as i believe its made for south african skin I am currently taking Omega3-6 Concentrate to help with the dehydration
i heard the higher the SFP the worse it is meaning the product has allot of chemicals in it
please advise what i should you thank you

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Dun, thank you for the question.

Your best option would be to consult with an Environ beauty therapist who can examine the skin and recommend an appropriate treatment regime for your specific skin condition. Typically the combination of oily and dehydrated is caused by the following:
One’s skin care regime such as harsh facial washes and granular scrubs
Sun exposure
Topicals that contain drying ingredients such as alcohol found in toners
You would need to control the sebum production with Environs’ Dermalac solution and consider their Oil Free range of moisturizers.
A high SPF does not necessarily mean that it is bad for you as long as the SPF is predominantly achieved with the use of zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide (such as can be found with Heliocare Gel SPF 50).