Posted by: Helga | 2009-07-29

Oh the irony!

Hi Doc... I' m in a good mood today. Isn' t life funny? You know people are right when they say when people are living your ' dream job' , they may not really be enjoying it. My husbands family, who hate my guts, are finally getting what they deserve. They never appreciated him (even when he was working 2 jobs and contributing nearly R1000 in groceries)- they only pampered their daughter (his sister) because she did well at school and she' s signed with one of South Africas best modeling agencies. But now, darling daughter doesn' t appreciate anything- she dropped out of her tertiary studies after a month (after her parents had to pay R20k to get her in), she works but refuses to pay rent and she isn' t getting any modeling jobs. Now all of a sudden my husband is good enough to be called their son again and they want ME to find modeling work for darling daughter. Oh how the tables have turned!

Ironie3s indeed. I think much damage is done by those who peddle the idea that any averagely pretty girl can rapidly become a super m-model and earn a fortune by doing very litle. Especially when it encourages otherwise intelligent young women to abandon their studies. Don't waste time trying to find modelling work for her --- there are thousands of girls available for every job, especially in these hard times and nobody needs a diva. Syggest that she be encouraged by them ( you folks owe her nothing ) to get a real job and start work, almost any work, while taking her time to realistically plan a future of realism rather than empty dreams

Posted by: Helga | 2009-07-29

I' m not going to help, doc. I haven' t spoken to his mom in 2 years- for 3 months before I decided to remove myself from his family his mom ignored me flat. She would tell my husband lies about me and ignored me when I greeted her. So she can get lost. " REALLY"  I agree with you- hubby should bask in the appreciation but I feel so angry at his parents for the way they treated him in the past. After he proposed to me, his mom didn' t speak to him for over a month.

Reply to Helga
Posted by: Really | 2009-07-29

Yeah... this kinds of situations are funny....true and it' s sad, because maybe your hubby did not even make a big deal out of it because all he was doing was playing his responsibility part. Fortunately the other parties usuallly get to see the real picture.. and you, you saw the real picture.

It' s sad that the parents invested so much in their daughter and neglected their son. Hope that they have learnt something and that this daughter will have also learnt something and hope she turns out fine.

Society places a lot of expectations on men (he can and has to do this on his own, he' s a man afterall) and as much as they are also human, it seems they are almost always left to fend for themselves and sometimes parents do this without conciously being aware they are doing it.

Let him enjoy the appreciation!

All the best.

Reply to Really