Question
Posted by: Michaela | 2010-03-11

oh no ....

I had a huge fight with my brother-in-law two weeks ago and we are now avoiding one another ... we ignore each other and don''t even bother to greet. He has a problem with the fact that I do not hug him when I greet him & mdash - he says my greetings are half-hearted & mdash - what the hell is this? I am married to his brother .... does he think I owe him anything & mdash - he made a pass at me some time ago and I treated it like a joke, instead of telling him off for once and all. He is after all a real womaniser .... he kept on sending me really nasty sms and it annoyed me to the point that I told him that I don''t want him in my house anymore .... I however do not like the idea that there are bad feelings between us as we usually get on very well. After he made the pass, I realised that it had been a long time coming & mdash - I could remember his comments, the way he touched me and looked at me before he tried to make a move on me. I always just took it as a joke, but realise now that he was quite serious ... what a pig!!?? By laughing it off and not telling him he is a jerk, I maybe encouraged his behaviour? Dunno what to do? Talk to him about it or leave him to get over it ...

Souinds like a storm in a B-cup. People greet others acording to their own personal preference and style, and if he made passes at you before now, he can hardly expect you to embrace him warmly. OR maybe he wants this to somehow confirm that you were not upset by his pass ?
If he's your brother-in-law, can't your husband intercede ?

3
Posted by: qwerty | 2010-03-12

Quinn: " mdash"  is a problem with the website where certain words or symbols are being formatted incorrectly. Kind of like the single quotes that keep being duplicated everytime someone posts.

Michaela: I would definitely take this to my husband if I were you. He should have a serious talk with his brother! Your brother in law''s behaviour is TOTALLY unacceptable, and you owe him nothing. Good luck!!

Reply to qwerty
Posted by: Quinn | 2010-03-11

Erm, what is mdash?

Otherwise: have you spoken to your husband about this? Perhaps he could confront his brother...

Reply to Quinn