Posted by: H | 2009-05-15

Office environment

I have three people reporting to me. In the morning they will move between their respective offices and do not come to greet me if I am already in my office. If I would come in after them, I go to great them.

When I was reporting to someone and this persons office was close by, I would make a point of greeting this person as well as the others. I feel alienated by the treatment I am receiving, am I overreacting?

I think variatons on this theme occur to many of us. Some thoughts --- isn't this a clash of styles ? To someone working as you did ( and as I always did ) what they are doing appears rude and alienating. Maybe they see it differently ? Have you discussed this with them ? DO they feel exaggerated respect for you or fear of you, that inhibits them from including you in normal friendly mutual greetings ?