Office Dispute

In our company organigram i am a Head of Dept. I have had a on going problem with a juior staff member since Jan. It came to a head on Monday and i had tried to speak to her HOD to discuss this quietly. Her HOD would not meet with me. When this came to a head on monday both her HOD and another HOD sat in on this meeting. I was told right off that they had chatted to other staff and everyone agreed i was causing the division. I was told that even though i was HOD on the Organigram that i was no higher than this juior person. I tried to keep it work related and pulled rank as she refused to acknowledge me but bark orders at me. I wanted to pull rank and hit her with insubordination. The meeting was clearly on her side. I pulled a policy off our system and spoke to the other HOD and said i want a new chair and i feel that they had given her all the power. She walked out the meeting saying she won. Still refuses to acknowledge me. what can i do all i wanted was to end a dispute and put an end to it all but the HOD' s gave her the power to carry on as before

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

it is suggested that you raise a formal grievance and run it through the grievance procedure at work. If this does note work then you can go to the CCMA on the basis of an unfair albour practice.

Posted by: kay2 | 2009-07-22

I think you are the problem your story is only one sided. You don' t like this person and are trying to make trouble for her.

Reply to kay2