Question
Posted by: JO JO | 2008/05/28

Off injection - want to get copper t

I came off the Depreo vera (sp?) injection earlier this year (i only had two injections and the last one was in February).
However, i would now like to get the copper t but i have still got such an irregluar amount of bleeding and discharge I'm not sure how i can make an appointment at the gynae.
Can they still check me and do a papa smear if there's discharge/blood?

It's almost every day and has been for about 3 months now. It's not constant, just enough to have to wear a tampon almost every day. And it's not so much an actual period as a bloody-discharge.
Please advise, my body used to be regular as clockwork until the injection and sicne then i haven't been the same.

Thanks so much.

If you had the injection in February, it is still active as it lasts 3 months. Irregular bleeding is common on the injection and can take a while to resolve. You can have an IUCD put in even if you are bleeding, though it is not ideal for a pap smear.