Question
Posted by: GOosthuizen | 2011/08/29

Oestepenic

Could you tell me if I should stop using the Vibro shaking machine, as I am oestepenic. My age 54

Dear G Oosthuizen
Patients with osteopenia have what is known as 'thin or brittle bones', so I would think that using a Vibro shaking machine may expose you to the risk of damaging a bone. I would also recommend that you discuss this matter with the doctor who is treating your osteopenia, just to make sure. When you see your doctor, ask him/her if you are allowed to do exercise to strengthen your bones, and what type of exercise he/she would recommend. If the dr gives the go-ahead for exercise, then you will be able to use the exercise as a substitute for the Vibro shaking machine.

1

Dear G Oosthuizen