Question
Posted by: wondering | 2012-01-30

oerating theatre

I recently had a knee op, and on waking noticed that my gown and hospital panties were not tied, when I asked the nurse about this she sais that for all operations the clothing was totally removed before draping, and that once draped only my knee would have been exposed. If this is so, why give you those stupid panties to start with, and why would it be necessary to be naked under the drapes, for a simple knee surgery, is this common practice in theatre when the patient is asleep.

The pantie will be kept on. It is very important for the surgeon to have a sterile environment and hence outside clothing could cause infection. In theatre you will not be totally exposed.