Question
Posted by: Rika Grobler | 2011/02/21

Oefeninge vir bobeen en kuit

Ek vra namens my pa wat hierdie jaar 77 jaar oud word. Hy het as kind polio gehad in sy linkerbeen en voet en kla dat die spiere hom nie meer mooi ondersteun in die been nie.

Watter tipe oefeninge kan hy doen om die spiere te versterk?

Groete

Rika

Hi Rika

Honestly, and I hate to do this, but your father needs to see someone and have them supervise the exercises, because of the age (which means he needs a risk assessment for what he can and can't do in exercise) and because of the very specific problem.

The main thing he needs is to do functional exercises that will help in his daily activity and functions. So balance, control, stability are more important, and all would be supervised.

So while I hate to pass the buck, so to speak, the best bet is to schedule an appointment to see a biokineticist or a physiotherapist who specializes in rehab, and they can meet, take history and then set him on the way.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/02/27

Hi Rika

Reply to fitnessdoc