Question
Posted by: liefling | 2011/03/18

oefeninge

Goeie dag dr,

Ek wil graag hoor watse oefeninge kan ek doen ek bly moeg het `n yster tekort. ek beplan om swanger te raak maar weet nie watse oefeninge om te doen nie, wat veilig is indien ek swanger raak en is nie bewus daarvan nie wil nie iets doen wat gaan maak dat ek my swangerskap verloor nie. en watse gesonde goedkoop dieet kan ek volg wat my gaan help om my yster op te bou.

Baie dankie

Hi liefling

Well, first you need to sort out that iron problem. Are you taking anything for it? There are some good tablets - Chela Fer is one that we often recommend for athletes, so you might try that.

Once you've sorted that out, the exercise issue is a separate one. There's no exercise that is "dangerous" in terms of affecting you, and the chances that it will affect your chance of falling pregnant is also minimal, unless you don't sort out the iron issue, have insufficient energy in the diet, or have some other condition. Only elite athletes exercise so much that it affects their reproductive cycle.

So I wouldn't worry too much about exercise affecting your chances of pregnancy. The key is that you must sort out the iron deficiency, and that's easiest done with a medical course. As for diet, that's something for a dietician to advise on, and this would be well worth your while.

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/03/31

Hi liefling

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc