Posted by: Roelf | 2009-02-04

Oefening vir Osteoporose

Ek het 2 knie vervangings gehad en het ook nou tekens van osteoporose.Watter oefening mag ek doen?

Hi Roelf

I hate to pass the buck, but given your knee problems, I really think you need to consult with someone, a biokineticist, who can provide a programme for you to start with. Under normal circumstances, I'd point you towards our Fitness page, and then the "Programmes" sections where you can find programmes. A walking programme is the best for the bones, because you have to load the bones to make them stronger. But, given you rknee problems, it might be a little risky to just do a walking programme.

So rather, my advice is to see someone and have them assess your start. It's just to begin with, once you get going, you'll be able to continue alone.