Question
Posted by: Anna | 2010-02-01

Oefen

Hi Dok, is dit " ok"  as ek nog my 6km op tretmill doen elke oggend al het ek n seer keel? My liggaam is nog vol energie en ek voel nie siek nie dit is net die seer keel wat nou bietjie pla . Dit is n ligte keel infeksie en ek is nie op atibiotika nie.

Dankie vir al die goeie advies wat ons by jou kry.
Geseende dag

Hi Anna

Difficult one - I understand that you want to keep training, but you have to be cautious. If you do train, there's a chance that you slow down your recovery and maybe even end up worse than before!

My advice is always to rest at least one, maybe 2 days, when you have a slight infection. Your body obviously needs the break and so if you rest up, you can return to normal training as soon as possible. That said, you probably can get away with training, but to me, is it worth it? You might get 2 more training days in now, but the risk is that you miss 5 because you might get worse.

Or you miss 2 now, and get those 5 in because you're 100% healthy after!

So give yourself a day or so off, and then get back to training fully in a day or so!

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-02-02

Hi Anna

Reply to fitnessdoc