Question
Posted by: Yolanda | 2010/01/07

Odg petrified of rain and thunder

Hi, I adopted a 2 year olf Sharpei from a shelter last year. She is totally pertrified of rain and thunder. On new years eve i noticed that she was not scared of the crackers etc. but if there is thnder or rain she coveres into a corner shaking and panting.
I have tried everything i can think of to help calm her. I got a calming collar for her from the vet but i have not seen an improvement. She is indoors when we are home but she is still in a state when there is a storm. what worries me is that we have storms so often now and i can' t always be home with her - i really want to know if there is anything that can help her? i guess tablets could help too but i dont want to be drugging her all the time because i cant be sure if there will be a storm every day or not while i am at work. Any advice will be appreciated. thanks

Dear Yolanda

Buy a DAP diffuser and get hold of a CD called ' Sounds scary'

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/01/09

Dear Yolanda

Reply to Cybervet