Question
Posted by: Leon | 2009/11/04

Odd tummy issue

Morning Doctor,

About 4 years ago i drank 4 cans of beer like i have for the past 8 months (every weekend) at that stage. The next day i was very stressed and woke up with such a hangover that it felt i drank a bar empty.

I had a stomach that felt odd as if there was something in it and its being moulded or squashed. I was also very-very nauseas. 4 days later my dad gave me a bio plus energy drink and the next morning i woke up as if nothing happened.

After a month for 3 months I went back to my normal lifestyle, drinking and all until I got sick again. This time it didn’ t go away and i was forced to go to a doctor after getting worse and because i lost allot of weight.

During the second round of the tummy ulcer medicine, 3 weeks after i got sick, i started getting constipated, bloated, flatulence, belching and struggled to breath as well.

In short, I went to 8 Doctors who each had his own diagnoses. I went for anima barium, upper endoscopy, blood tests and sonar’ s –  all showed I’ m healthy.

My symptoms was random and some permanent –  Constipation with blood on stools, bloated, flatulence, belching, Nausea, feeling of fullness, heartburn, dark acidic urine, struggled to breath (bad-bad), Light fever, dizziness, shaky, pains under last rib of rib cage on both sides and heart flips-flops. At some stages it was so bad that I thought I was going to die, especially when all the symptoms hits me at once… 

I can eat anything the one day and if I eat the same thing the next I would be as sick as a dog so its not a certain food that makes me sicker. I tried numerous IBS pills to relieve symptoms but nothing worked.

Out of the blue 80% of my symptoms went away after a positive emotional time and I stopped eating for a week. For 1 year the symptoms went away completely but still showing a tiny little bit, not even noticeable every 2 months. It then came back slowly giving me an odd feeling in the tummy and massive nausea.

I then went to Doctors, who said its because of my anxiety attach that makes me sick and 2 said it’ s a combination of IBS and the anxiety attacks. My current Doctor doesn’ t have a clue what it is, his also not sure if it’ s a psychosomatic thing or the sick that causes the anxiety.

I’ ve gone for a common allergic test and full sonar but all shows I’ m all-good. For the past 4 months we have been trying numerous pills for IBS, anxiety and digestive issues. Nothing is working, I’ m even worse than what I was. I’ m also seeing a psychologist.

I basically mainly have to odd feeling in the tummy and massive nausea. Now and then I’ ll have heavy constipation for a week. All the symptoms are back that I had previously. I also burp allot and most of the time I’ m bloated and flatulent. When I do not eat, I’ m fine but the moment I eat I cant move or I’ ll be nausea. Its as if my tummy is very sensitive then. If I don’ t eat for 6 hours my tummy acid rises so high that I am nauseas. I basically don’ t eat when I’ m at work or go to town so I would eat between 17:00 and 22:00 at night for the first time. I’ m sick everyday. I cant go out cause of this, I cant eat out or even drink water cause that makes me nauseas as well. My work is giving me issues now, my life is falling apart, this sick is really bad. Its been back since last year December.

If possible, can Doctor please tell me what it might be, what other tests I can go for?

Thank You for your time and help!

Hallo Leon
I think you should see a gastroenterologist - I think you need an examination to check the liver, have a gastroscopy to see if you have ulcers or gastritis in your stomach, and maybe even a colonoscopy to check the colon. IBS is a diagnosis that you can only make if you have done ALL the other examinations and could find nothing else wrong.
dr Bets

3
Posted by: Leon | 2009/11/04

I also want to add that i have Fatigue allot too, i think it might be a little depression and stressed about this sick thing. It feelsl like i dont have the energy to do anything and i' m constantly tired. It comes and goes ever second week.

Reply to Leon
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/04

Hallo Leon
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/04

Hallo Leon
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc