Posted by: Nads | 2009-07-24

Odd Period / Bleeding

I' ve had a miscarriage end last year and since then my hormonal balance were unstable and had very long periods 2 - 4 weeks. My gynae has put me on the pill for a month to stop the bleeding and aswell to sort the hormones. I took the month supply of the pill in May / June and had a normal 7 day period. During June I started using progesterone cream to assist aswell in my hormone balances as we want to start trying to conceive again. All went well and have been off the pill for a month now and my period started on the 14th July and hasn' t ended as yet and is just spotting for the past 2 days. My cycle after the pill was 35 days. I did a pregnancy test before my period started on day 31 of my cycle and it was neg. But this time my period wasn' t that heavy, more light flow and spotting. But inbetween I feel nasea and my sense of smell is also twice as strong. Could this just be still hormonal related or is there chance I could be pregnant? I must start using the progesterone cream again on day 14 of my cycle. Please advise...

It seems unlikely that you are pregnant. It is probably still a hormonal issue.