Question
Posted by: Louise | 2010-01-13

OCD - Needing to Pee 30 times before Bed

I have had an issue for many years where I go to the bathroom before bed, climb back into bed and then need to go again. This can last up to 30 minutes after i initially decided to go to bed. I dont have any medical condition to explain this. On the internet I read stories of others and it sounded like me. Is this a case of OCD? If it is what help/techniques can i use to overcome this. I am tired of needing to pee so much before bed, even when nothing comes out. How do I break this habit?

Probably not OCD, but i could well be a most inconvenient habit. CBT can help us to change such habits, and regain control over them. There are many medical causes of producing excessive urine and/or needing to urinate often throughout the day, but none would be limited just to when you were going to sleep.

6
Posted by: cs | 2014-09-18

I have the exact same thing for the past 6 years. At first it was so excessive that I would only sleep circa 4hours per night. It then got a littlr better, but i would still spend an hour maybe two in and out of the bathroom. Most recently it has gotton worse....New job, new anxiety levels. Note i did cbt and for the first year I almost felt cured of this malaise. With the new job I find that im more stressed, and have abandoned the tips provided during the cbt sessions. If you can go for cbt, you'll realise that in the end ee can control it. I know my case got worse now, but if I were a bit more focused I would like to think it could get better once again!

Reply to cs
Posted by: cs | 2014-09-18

Reply to cs
Posted by: cs | 2014-09-18

Reply to cs
Posted by: cs | 2014-09-18

Reply to cs
Posted by: Red | 2010-01-14

GOsh do u even have enough pee to go pee that much in one night??

Reply to Red