Question
Posted by: me | 2010/11/29

OCD

Can OCD ever be completely be overcome\eliminated from one''s life? I did not have it for the most part of my life, so why do I have it now and why is it so difficult to overcome?

Precisely why OCD turns up at one time rather than earlier, is still not clear. It may be more common in people where the condition has occurred in other members of the family - but still most family members do NOT develop it, so the answer cannot be simple.
In my experience, with careful treatment, which might include using medication for a time, and using something like CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) it may clear up and not trouble you again, and if not, at least one can gain control over it and minimize the degree of nuisance it can cause.

1