Question
Posted by: Worried | 2009-03-17

occasional lump in groin area?

I' m a little worried as I occasionally see a lump in my groin area (on the left side, a little above the penis area). I assume it is a lymp node that' s swelling, but as I don' t seem to have any urinary infections/colds at the time, what could be the cause? It' s not painful either and it disappears again after a day or two, only to reappear again after a few weeks. Any advice? Thank you!

Dear Worried
Enlarged lymphglands are usually due to infections, but can also be an indication of blood diseases, so if this happens often, ask your doctor to check your full blood count?

1
Posted by: worried | 2009-03-17

Thank you very much for your reply! What kind of diseases could be indicated?

Reply to worried