Question
Posted by: Dee | 2011/02/21

obsessive compulsive behavior

Saterday we went to visit a friend in Parys freestate I cant cope with the traffic and roadworks it feels like the cars are coming towards us and going to bump us the concrete barriers is closing in on me and my husband is driving to close to the car in front of us i get panic attacks in the car I try very hard to control it I do suffer with Bipolar and use meds for this for many years, I have been for help at the shrink and a Dr who specialise in the condition but after a
flash fluid insident Im evin worse then before no need to say all our trips end up in huge arguments the more i try and explain my problem to my husband the more he say im not intrested its just a act I dont trust his driving abilities and then I feel useless from start. no need to say the rest of the weekend was lonely and depression started very bad I have to stop myself from cutting myself or swallowing a bottle of tabs to sleep a week i hate my self like my husband keep telling me I spoil all the fun in everything. Im useless selfish the lot what am I doing here Ineven had to go on ill health pesion

Pity your husband doesn't seem to understand the reality of your problem ; he seems to see your symptoms as a form of criticism of himself and his abilities - but I would have expected that a good psychologist, especially of the CBT form, and a good psychiatrist managing the medication side, shouldd have been able to help you regain control of these concerns. I would think the CBT would be most likely to be useful in this regard

2
Posted by: Dee | 2011/02/21

Thanks for the reading my message your awnser make a lot of sens

Reply to Dee