Question
Posted by: XXX | 2012/03/22

Obsession with time

In my mind, I’ m screaming I’ m late. The day is almost over. I have this weird obsession with time. And this weird obsession causes me to throw tantrums. Like no other. It makes me incredibly anxious and it feels like how it would feel if my OCD went bad. It’ s kinda crazy. It’ s just time. But I guess it ties in with the whole messing up all the time. I feel like every hour has to be productive or I’ ll never be anything with my life.

I don’ t have “ days off” . Every “ day off”  I have, I make lists. Lists of things I have to do that day specifying time and duration of each task.

I wish for once, I could just have a day where I didn’ t make a list. Where I didn’ t have “ things to do” . Where I just didn’ t watch the time. Where I didn’ t have to think. That would be amazing.
I''m sure you would suggest seeing a professional but I don''t have medical aid or money for a therapist.
I don''t know what to do to make it stop :(

SO, the central problem is irritability and tantrums ? If its issues around time that's setting you off, is this perhaps a new manifestation of your OCD ?
Do remmber how essential days off are : nobody successful ever works constantly without the refreshment and ( great word this: ) Recreation.
The more you describe the situation, the more it sounds like active OCD, and it ought to respond to p[roper treatment, best of all with a combination of meds which a GP or clinic could provide and CBT style counselling from a psychologist

1