Question
Posted by: JENNY | 2008-12-09

OBSESSION

I HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH MY CHILDHOOD GIRLFRIEND WHO HAS EVERYTHING A WOMAN DESIRE EVEN NOW AT 35 YEARS I FEAR HAVING HER AROUND.I KEEP THINKING HOW EASY IT IS FOR HER TO GET WHAT SHE WANTS WHEN I HAVE TO STRUGGLE ALL MY LIFE TO GET THINGS RIGHT.MY MAIN CONCERN IS THAT I AM NOT VERY BRIGHT AND IT HURTS.SHE IS BRIGHT, BEAUTIFUL BODY AND HAS EVERYTHING READY MADE FOR HER.HOW DO I STOP OBSESSING ABOUT MY FRIEND LIKE THAT BEING PERFECT AND ME STIL SINGLE AND LONELY.

Correction. You are Remembering someone you once knew ( and nice things become nicer in memory, usually very inaccurately so ). And even now, I am certain that she is nowhere near as bright and beautiful as it apparently appears to be , to you. Her marvellousness is a reflection of your own low-self-esteem and low self-confidence. See a counsellor, especially of the CBT format, and gai n self-esteem, and you will see things in better proportion, recognizing her many flaws, and your own special qualities. I'm also sure that her life isn't as lovely for her as it seems to be, to you looing at it from the outside.

1
Posted by: Anon | 2008-12-09

We are all unique and beautiful in our own ways!!!! keep your chin up, You need to work on the confidence problem you have.