Question
Posted by: C | 2009-03-09

Obsesive eater

Any advise for me. I cant stop eating the wrong stuff and I cant stick to a diet at all? Is anything wrong with me?

You CAN ; that you keep telling yourself that you CAN'T is a significant part of the problem. Maybe you haven't done so YET, but you can do so. See a good dietician to devise an effective diet and exercise plan that will suit you personally, se a pychologist to help with the motivation, and make sure you never buy any of the wrong stiff, and have none of it lying around in then home, calling to you

2
Posted by: Charlene | 2009-03-11

I am not alone!!
Dieticians are good. Calculating the cost of the junk we eat is good. But that has not put me off food in any way. I grab for any kind of food when I am stressed. I eat whatever because i am unhappy. The best thing is to have someone to talk to and to motivate us.
At the moment I am following a diet plan with my doctor that is working for me, I have friends who motivate me all the time. And I have set a goal for myself - something that I really, really want to do, but I have to be quite a few kgs lighter before I can do it. My friends and my goal is keeping me focused.

Reply to Charlene
Posted by: Mr Piggy. | 2009-03-10

Munch, munch, sluurp, burp ahhhhh. Why don' t you try to just cut back. I mean if you are doing the bad thing daily and 10 times a day, just start off my cutting whatever you do in half and then progress from there. Are you aware of what exactly you are eating or is it just habit. ? A good plan is to writre down everything you eat during the day and at day end have a look at the list. A good idea is to also calculate what you spend on these goodies, thats enough to put a ,mental staple in your gut ? Kiss R20,00 goodbuy on a pie and coke and a small sweet. Do that 3 times a day for month and thats R1680,00 or R20, 160,00 a year down the tubes and on the hips. Makes you think huh? Someone I know drinks 2 litres of Coke a day, that alone is R252,00 a month or R3024,00 per year. Just make an effort to be aware of what you are eating and cut in half. No need to cut it out altogether, just be aware.

Reply to Mr Piggy.