Question
Posted by: frankie jones mrs | 2011/11/09

obesity surgery

i have been advised recently that there is a non invasive surgery that uses a balloon within the stomach and that vitamins and all the other problems are not experienced.

I do not wish to be cut or banded and this sounds like a good idea, please advise where in Cape Town this is available and the approximate costs.

Thank you - Frankie

Dear Frankie
The insertion of an intragastric balloon into the stomach to reduce uptake of food and cause weightloss, is a bariatric procedure, so I would recommend that you contact the Centres of Excellence in regard to having this procedure to assist weightloss. Contact the Call Centre of the Netcare Bariatric Centres of Excellence on 0861-623-7489 or contact: jana@pharmacallcc.com or visit their Website at www.netcare.co.za to discuss this option, the potential costs and any associated problems.

1

Dear Frankie