Question
Posted by: Mercia | 2008/10/17

Obesity

I am 51 years of age and only by looking at food I seem to pick up weight. I feel very uncomfortable and in need of urgent help.

Dear Mercia
Some people do have a tendency to pick up weight more easily and to struggle to lose weight to a greater extent than others. This can be due to many different factors. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 or more minutes a day. Select a type of aerobic exercise that fits in with your capabilities and increase how long and intensely you exercise as you get fitter. While you are on the ‘Weight loss’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (metabolic reasons for weight gain, slimming aids, psychological aspects, etc) by surfing on this site.

1
Posted by: abc | 2008/10/17

Test your blood sugar. That is/was my problem too. Now I am diabetes type 2.

Reply to abc