Question
Posted by: tia | 2012-01-21

obese

hi there i am tia i am 21 and my weight is 78 kgs i am 1.5 in height and i dont think it is good please help

Dear Tia
Your present BMI = 34,7 which is indeed very high. If you could lose 8 kg to start off with your BMI would reduce to 30. Eventually it would be good if you could get back to a BMI of 25, for which you would need to weigh 56 kg. A weight loss of 22 kg in total, is a great deal of weight to lose, so I would recommend that you do this in stages of 5 kg at a time. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life)for at least 30 minutes a day. You will find that you can do more exercise as you lose weight and become more mobile.
Holding thumbs that you will start losing weight now.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-01-22

Dear Tia