Question
Posted by: ronel | 2010/10/19

obese

please help....where do i start...20kg''s overweight and an emotional eater....

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hi Ronel,
You sound quite desperate. One piece of advice: Don't try to focus too much on losing weight and try to make your focus that of implementing a moderate and balanced way of eating. You recognise that you are an emotional eater, so I suggest that you start keeping a food diary and write down what you are eating as well as recording what you are feeling emotionally so that you can start making a link between between your eat8ing and your eating. The question that you have posted is a common one, so I also suggest that you go through some of the previously posted questions and see the reponses I have posted. If you are able to see a therapist, do so and try and address the issues that may have nothing to do with body issues per se, but which result in you eating in much the same way that an alcoholic would resort to numbing themself with alcohol. Does that make sense?
Regards,
Graham

1
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2010/10/24

Hi Ronel,
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert