Posted by: Bob | 2011-10-19

Posted by: bob | 28/9/2011
My wife was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in the knee and eventually went for the osteoscope where some loose cartilage was removed. She is still in pain a week later and the doctor today says it could be a thrombosis. She is going to see him tomorrow.

We are due to travel the next day by car for about 1500 km, and be away from home for a week

Will this be possible ?

What will teh probable treatment entail ?

Expert ImageTravel expert

Dear Bob,

It will be very unwise to travel until the wife has been properly diagnosed and I would say pain free,

If you do go, if there is no DVT, !her doctor may prescribe a graduated stocking for her lower leg. Make frequent stops to walk around car.

Advice would be to cancel the trip as it will not be any fun for anyone!