Question
Posted by: Ann | 2009-05-27

Nuzak/injection

Kindly advise which one of the above are the most likely to cause weight gain. I ve been gaining weight steadily after my pregnancy, not eating any different than before. Any helpful suggestions? PLEASE?

I have no idea which injection you are referring to. As I say in this forum with monotonous regularity, ALL antidepressants cause weight gain ( and separately, loss of libido ) in SOME of those who take them, but none do it in everyone. One can switch to a different AD and see if it still helps your depression, but without this side-effect. Antidepressants should NOT be given by injection. Some major tranqullizers for psychotic illnesses are given by injection. You need to discuss this with the doc writing your prescriptions who will know exactly which drug you are receiving, and whether it is likely to be having this effect. Watching your diet and exercising, still works, whatever drug one is on !