Question
Posted by: Me | 2008/09/09

Nuzak and Buspar

I' ve been on Nuzak and Buspar for about 4 years now. Have also seen a psychologist and dealt with probs.

At some point I was taking 3 Nuzaks and 2 Buspars (one in the morning and one at night) a day. Have however been taking only one of each a day for over a year now. Meds have been great - no more depression or anxiety. Only draw back is lack of libido. Didn' t use to bother me before but since getting married it is quite irratating. My GP suggested switching to Cipralex but I see quite a few people on the sitecomplaining about it due to its affect on libido - what do you suggest.?

Have tried to wean myself off the meds at some stage but this was not successful as depression/anxiety sympoms returned. Don' t know if I should try again?

Thanks.

Dear Me
Cipralex will still cause negative effect on Libido - something that may work is Wellbutrin, an "old" but effective drug that should not affect your libido. You can't use this if you have a risk for convulsions (like a previous head injury or epilepsy).