Question
Posted by: nn | 2010/04/22

NUZAK

My doctor prescribed me Nuzak last year. I took them for 3 months and decided in Dec to stop taking them and see if i can cope without them. It has not gone too well. I have lost all interest in life and in my myself. I am moody at work and have a short temper. I went back to the doctor last week and she gave me another prescription for 6 more months. Nuzak seems to work on me but how long will it take before it will start working?

Hallo nn
It can take up to a month before it is fully effective, but you should start feeling better after a week or two of taking it. It is better to take an antidepressant for up to 6 months before even considering stopping it. You can also monitor your level of depression by doing the depression questionnaire on www.drhansdreyer.com. It is also very useful to see a psychologist to treat the underlying causes of depression and to do some physical exercise daily to stimulate your serotonin hormone levels

2
Posted by: Natasha | 2010/08/05

Urgent!!! Please help. My fiance is currently on Rispredal and Nuzak for sever depression. How long does it take for either of these tablets to start working and how long will be before he stops feeling so deeply depressed?

Please help

Reply to Natasha
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/22

Hallo nn

Reply to cyberdoc