Question
Posted by: Rene | 2010/03/17

Nuzak

My GP prescribed Nuzak - I have been taking them for 2 weeks now and I am really having some bad days, is this normal?Before I started the Nuzak I would have the odd bad day.

Thank You

NUzak is a generic ( that is, chemiclly identical but significantly cheaper ) version of the drug first released as Prozac, and is an effective antidepressant. Like most ADs, it helps aroun d 70 % of the people who take it. In the first couple of weeks on any AD, one's mood may still be somewhat variable, but by around 2 weeks it should be showing itself to be useful. If not, or if you're in doubt, discuss this with your doc, who may want to consider switching you to an alternative AD

2
Posted by: Hope* | 2010/03/17

I think, AD''s need a little more time than two weeks to make an effect.

Reply to Hope*