Question
Posted by: Linda | 2004/08/12

Q.

Nuzak

Has anyone who has ever used Nuzak (the generic of prozak) found that they lost weight? I was almost too thin when I was on the Nuzak and my doctor has told me I should go back on but am too afraid of losing so much weight again. What do you think anyone or cybershrink?

Expert's Reply

A.

Hi Linda,
NUzak, as a generic form of Prozac ( Fluoxetine ) is chemically identical to all the other Fluoxetines on the market. My impression from looking at the results of large-scale trials of the drug from the start, was that it seemed to be normalizing weight --- that people who were over-weight tended to lose more weight than thin people, but as most serotonin-active drugs can produce a mild degree of nausea ( maybe too little to be noticed and identifed as nausea ) they can also reduce appetite. You should be able to avoid excess weight-loss, though, by attending to a good diet, concentrating on what you need to eat, which is not always the same as what you feel like eating.

7
user comments
Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/10/25

The drug is i tended to control depression and anxiety not for weight loss, conta indications will occur if you use a drug for the wrong reasons.

Posted by: Linda | 2004/08/13

This is not a diet pill for those who want to lose weight!!! Depression is not fun and losing weight is just another side effect from using this drug. I honestly wouldn't recommend taking Nuzak to lose weight!!!!

Reply to Linda
Posted by: loli | 2004/08/12

My mother lost quite a lot of wait when she was using it, but I can't say how long does it take to make a person thin.

I'm also interested to know..........still have them @ home will start taking them, as I'm a bit fat you see

Reply to loli
Posted by: loli | 2004/08/12

Reply to loli
Posted by: Inc | 2004/08/12

That sounds wonderful... how much is it and can I get it without prescription?

Reply to Inc
Posted by: b | 2004/08/12

how long does it take before you lose weight

Reply to b
Posted by: Tori | 2004/08/12

I lost 5 kg since i've been using Nuzak...yes you lose weight

Reply to Tori

Want to comment?