Question
Posted by: Nomsa | 2009-10-29

Nuvida

We have decided to take a break from IVF until next year Feb/Mar due to financial constraints. In the mean time i have been adviced by my gynae to use depro-provera in order to prevent endometriosis from growing back. i have read about Nuvida and i wanted to try it for three to six months before going back for IVF instead of contraceptives.

Dear Nomsa

Nuvida is not a prescription drug and is not a recognised product for endometriosis per say and there is very little scientific literature to support the use in your particular case.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim