Posted by: Beyoncé  | 2010-11-22

I have been on Nuvaring for about 3 months now and recently I have been lightly bleeding. I change the ring every 4 weeks (no time in between) when I take one out I put the next in. Should I be bleeding or do I need to see my doc?

Thanks in advance

You should not be bleeding and I strongly suggest that you consult your gynae.

Posted by: Chantelle | 2011-01-19

I have been trying to research the availability of NuvaRing in South Africa. Please could one of the panel of experts enlighten me? Also, reading your post Beyonce, I am surprised that Dr. Burger has not queried the instant replacement of the ring at each ''change period'' as a possible reason for the bleeding, but perhaps this is my ignorance. My reading on the subject indicates that it should be left in place for three weeks and then left out for one and it is during the one week''s absence that you get your period. Mimicking your natural cycle. Then repeat. I don''t see how you could establish a proper cycle if you always have one in at all times.

Reply to Chantelle