Posted by: AA | 2009-10-06

Yesterday, eaten a handfull cashews raw no salt &  this morning 1 kg up on scale. Can you tell me why? and how do I get rid of the kilo?

Dear AA
Cashew nuts are an excellent food, like all nuts, being rich in monounsaturated fats, but they do have a relatively high energy content of 2400 kJ per 100g. If you are about 30g then you would have ingested an extra 720 kJ which represents 11,4% of your energy intake if you are slimming. To get rid of that 1 kg you need do nothing but stick to your normal diet and go for a brisk walk for 1 or 2 days. The kg will disappear on its own. Also please don't weigh yourself every day as this will cause you to stress because body weight varies from day to day and even from morning to evening. Weigh yourself once a week at more or less the same time every week.

Posted by: ABC | 2009-10-06

Press the " undo"  putton

Reply to ABC