Question
Posted by: Martie | 2009/09/11

Nuts

Dear Doc. I read that walnuts are the healthiest nuts. I always thought that almonds are also good for your health. I eat 20g of almonds daily. Should I switch to walnuts or go 50/50? Female, 35yo, bmi 19. Kind regards

Dear Martie
All nuts are healthy foods because they contain high levels of monounsaturated fats which protect the heart. You can eat any nuts that you enjoy. Variety is always a good idea in any diet, so try a mixture and see if you like the walnuts. A BMI of 19 is too low, so eating nuts may help you to gain some weight.
Enjoy