Question
Posted by: Lady G | 2012-05-30

Nutrition when Pregnant: when to go to hospital

I''m 11 weeks pregnant and have not had a proper meal in over 5 weeks. I''ve been surviving off fruit, cereal, super c''s &  the odd snack of crisps when I can stomach it. I''ve been vomiting almost every day. Can my baby survive on this? When do I need to consider going on a drip? My doc has suggested this but is it necessary?

Dear Lady G
This is not the time to argue with your doctor. You and your baby at are great risk if you continue to vomit so severely all the time. Please click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and then do a Search with 'Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy (NVP)' to read about the negative effects this can have on your health, your baby's normal development and the course of your pregnancy. Get the treatment, because the most important thing in the world right now is that your baby gets the correct nutrition and that you can build up your strength for the rest of the pregnancy.
Holding thumbs for both of you

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-05-30

Dear Lady G
Holding thumbs for both of you