Question
Posted by: Tejas Gala | 2011-07-11

Nutrilite products for Type 1 diabetics

Dear Doctor,my mother(51 yrs) is diabetic from last 6-7 yrs...she used to take Oral medicine....was diagnosed for DKA(went in to coma) last year,from then she takes insulin 3 times a day(Lupisulin M50) and no other medication.After that incident she does not feel active in doing work,suffers pain in her legs also(sometimes the pain shoots up),the doctor has suggested that it is not Diabetic foot pain,may be its coz of some vitamin or cal deficiency.Recently i heard about the Nutrilte products are they really helpful?...is it okay if she consumes Nutrilite Protein powder?..what effect will protein powder have on her sugar levels? do they have any side effects?...Also i would like to know whether she can take Nutrilite Daily tablets And Nutrilite Cal Mag D?

Tejas

I am sure these products will not have any negative effects. The protein powder should also not have any negative effect on her sugar levels, as long as her blood sugar levels are monitored regularly.