Question
Posted by: lucy | 2010-11-04

nutren active

Hi there Doc

I have Nutren Active as my breakfast every morning.
I just want to know if that is ok as I am trying to loose weight.
I also have 2 other healthy meals and 2 snacks for the day.

Dear Lucy
I was going to check the energy content of Nutren Active, but see that my product borchure does not list the Active product. Have a look if a serving (possibly a 250 ml cup) of the Nutren Active provides more than 1600 kJ. If you are having the Nutren, 2 snacks and 2 other meals this is equivalent to about 4 meals a day and if you are trying to lose weight, you would require 6300 kJ per day, thus about 1600 kJ for each of the 4 meals (I have counted the 2 snacks as 1 meal). If the Nutren Active provides more than 1600 kJ per serving then you may need to decrease the amount you drink or reduce the energy content of one of your other meals. You will soon notice if you don't lose weight and will then know to moderately reduce your energy intake at one or more meals.

2
Posted by: sakFiella | 2011-01-23

Reply to sakFiella
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-11-04

Dear Lucy