Posted by: chris | 2012-08-03

Hi dr, I am a 23 year old female. For the past 4 weeks or so I get these wierd dizzy spells with extreme headache, nusea and vomitting. It would continue for about 2-3 hours and dissapear. I found nothing that is the same every time this happens (like food intake etc). Now since Wednesday afternoon this has happened and it is still going on - so I am going for my 3rd day feelilng like this. My dr did blood tests, tested for blood count, iron, bloodpressure, pregnancy etc. Everything was fine. My gynea however reccommended I return as he found some irregularities with my pap smear. I have a stomach ulcer and IBS. What could be the cause of this. I am litterally sick of vomitting!! I avoid eating as it worsons the nusea. Dont know what to do anymore. I feel so weak. My dr referred me to a physician as she cannot find anything wrong. I also had a bad fall on my head 9 years ago, after which I fainted often. dont know if this could be related. Please help, I am desperate!

It is essential that you consult a gastroenterologist, as it is possible that your stomach ulcer has worsened and that you will have to have a gastroscopy done. I also suggest that you consult a neurologist to determine if your head injury is related to your symptoms.

Posted by: chris | 2012-08-03

Sorry, just to add on - I have not been able to go to the physician as my medical aid does not cover it - it only covers 3 specialist visits a year which I have used two - have to go back to gynea again which is 3.

Reply to chris