Question
Posted by: Hannah | 2008/12/15

Nursing home for schziophrenia

Hi everyone.

My brother is 30 yrs old and he is paranoid schizo. I urgently need to find him a nursing home where his medication can be supervised. If anyone knows of such a place in the Durban or surrounding areas plz let me know asap.

thank you

Surely he is under treatment from some psychiatrist or clinic locally ? They should be best placed to know of local or reachable facilities, and to recommend something suitable. And if its mainly an issue of him taking his meds ( and you're right, that does need supervision ) a clinic may be able to do so, perhaps via a home / visiting sister. if he can otherwise live alone and care for himself