Posted by: Lee | 2012-02-21

Nur Isterate

I have been using nur isterate for gong on 7 years with no break. I was due back on 17/02/2012 but went back on 16/02/2012. by 18/02/2012 I has started spotting(light brown and bright red in color) THis have never happened to me before. While speaking to the sister who administered the injection I mentioned that Im getting married in March 2012 and she suggested I stop using the nur isterate in order to fall pregnant and give my husband-to-be his pride. My fiance and I have decided to wait 3-5 more years before starting a family and the sister did not seems to respond well to this. Could it be that she administered the wrong drug? Or didnt administer it at all? I hate needles and avoid looking at them at all costs, I did however feel an " injection go in"  Please help me! I dont want to fall pregnant on our honeymoon! What would cause the spotting?

Dear Lee
I do not think that the sister would have either administrated the wrong drug or not have had administered it at all. So I don’t think that you should have the fear of not having had the injection, she would have told if there was a problem. Spotting is a common symptom that occurs with the use of Nur-Isterate and this occurs because the lining of the uterus becomes a little bit too thin and that will allow some capillaries to bleed and therefore cause spotting. It does not mean that the medication is not working.
Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: La Verne | 2012-05-04

I have been using Nur Isterate for 16 years. Last week I had my shot and soon afterwards realised that it was a month too soon.
What is the danger in this as I''m quite worried now.

Reply to La Verne
Posted by: nadia | 2012-03-02

I have been on Nur-Isterate since december last year. I just want to know if I can take a home pregnancy test while I am on the injection?

Reply to nadia