Question
Posted by: moya | 2008/06/17

nur-isterate

Dear Gynea-doc,

I am 36 years old and have been on nur-isterate for 5 years.
I read somewhere nur-isterate may enhance your chances to become diabetic.
I am worried about this, because my father was a diabetic and died earlier this year of kidney and heart failure. I am worried that I might be prone to develop diabetes and that the nur-isterate might trigger it.
I use it for endometrioses and experience little side-effects, but would seriously reconsider using nur-isterate if it might cause diabetes on the long run.
My endometrioses is well-controlled, what alternatives other than nur-isterate are there to control it?

Regards,
Moya

I would not worry too much about that. I suggest stick to it for the control of the endometriosis