Question
Posted by: Karen | 2008/08/15

Numerous changes in menstrual cycle

I' m 37 years old. I had 1 successful pregnancy (10 years ago) &  1 miscarriage (7 years ago). I had my tubes tied (5 years ago) &  therefore do not use contraceptives. My period always lasted 3 days &  maximum 4 days of which the flow was heavy on the 1st 2 days &  light on the last days. In the last couple of months my cycle has been very different in the following ways:
Period lasted for 7 days then I skipped a period for 1 month, the next month the period lasted for 8 days, the month after I started a lot earlier than usual and this month the flow changed from light the 1st 4 days to very heavy for the last 2 days.
I find it worrying that after all these years the flow changed so dratically and that the duration changed as well.
Please advise.

See your gynaecologist. There could be a problem with the uterus.

1
Posted by: ngo | 2008/08/15

You should see a Gynae. My cycle was also like that for years before my first pregnancy 6 years ago. I even skipt nine months at one time. It was also very painful and the no of days differed from one month to another. When I finally went to see a Gynae, I was diagnosed with stage 3 endometriosis.

Reply to ngo