Posted by: NOODLES | 2009-03-11

I started experiencing a weakness in my left side in January this year - affecting my arm / shoulder and now my foot up to my knee, it is intermittent and lasts for a few hours to a few days, I also get a numbness with it and recently both feet have started tingling and going numb, also intermittently. I visited a doctor who sent me for a CT scan of the brain which was normal, other than some calcification which he said is normal for my age?? - I am 38. He suggested I wait 4-6 weeks and during this time not eat cheese, nuts, oranges, chocolate or drink wine as he believes that those could be triggering my blood vessels to go into spasm and giving me these symptoms, and when these symptoms appear I should drink 3 disprin in a glass of water?? Other than that he was extremely vague and I got the impression he was brushing me off - any advice? Thanks

Your CT scan was normal for your age, which is very good news. I suggest that you give it some time and to get a second opinion.