Question
Posted by: Fen | 2009/04/01

NUMBNESS,Tingling keft foot

I have been feeling numbness in my left foot for about 3mths and it starts at the small toe and seems to be moving up to my ankle.

Please advise.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Fen

There are many possible explanation for numbness in the toes and feet. If it is just in one foot, it may be that you have a lower back issue, maybe a nerve entrapment that will be felt as changes in sensation in the foot. If the problem persisits I would start with a physio or chiropractor. If not, a neurologist can do a nerve conductivity test to check how well the nerves are working.

Chris